Q: Do I need to make a reservation and how far in advance do I have to book my reservation?
• Monday through Sunday reservations are required. We do take walk-in’s, however we strongly recommend making a reservation to ensure availability of aJet Ski Tour or Boat Rental.
• There is a cancellation policy for Boat Rental & Jet Skis. Please inquire with our office staff, if not a 50% of your total amount will be charged to card provided at time of reservation.
Q: What are your hours of operation?
• We are open 365 days a year
• 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time
• Last hourly freedom ride for Waverunners is at 4:00 PM. During summer hours (freedom rides are done till 30 minutes before sundown). Last appointment for Jet Ski Tours is 3:00 PM.
Q: What kind of watercraft does A1A Watersports & Boat Rentals have for rent?
• We have Center Console Boats, Deck Boats for rentals in all different sizes and needs.
• We also have Waverunners or as also know Jet Ski rentals.
• A1A Watersports & Boat Rentals Main office is located on the bayside just a little before Snake Creek Bridge and close to Venetian Shores, look for our hot pink A1A sign and that is where you will turn into our marina. If you went over the Snake Creek Bridge you went to far. (This location has Jet Ski's & Boat Rentals.)
• We are in Islamorada, FL located on the Bayside at mile marker 85.9.
• We offer deliver of boats rentals, of 3 days or more from Key Largo to Marathon. Depending on your location, we will either bring the boat by water or we will deliver the boat by trailer to a boat ramp near you. Please call our office to inquire about delivery to your location.
Q: Service Charge for all Credit Cards
• A 2.85% Customer Service Charge is applied to all sales. As an incentive for customers, we provide a 2.85% Discount for purchases made with Cash.
Q: Is there a deposit required ?
• No, however a valid major credit card must be on file to cover any incidentals or damages while you are under the rental boat rental agreement.
Q: What is your Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Jet Ski Tour Private Groups Only
• If you need to cancel your reservation, you need to call our office 48 hours prior to your reservation date for no penalty. If you do not cancel within this time frame there will be a charge of 50% of your full reservation rental amount. (NOTE: No same day cancellations allowed)
2 Hour - Jet Ski Tour
• If you need to cancel your reservation, you need to call or email our office 24 hours prior to your reservation date for no penalty. If you do not cancel within this time frame there will be a charge of 50% of your full reservation rental amount. (NOTE: No same day cancellations allowed)
• If you need to cancel a reservation, you need to call our office, if not you will be charged 50% of the full rental amount you made your reservation for. This is the time frame for cancellation of boat rentals: 1 day boat rental 24 hours prior to your reservation date, 2 or more days 48 hours in advanced, Weekly boat rentals 1 week in advanced. If you have any questions regarding our cancellation policy please feel free to call us. (NOTE: No same day cancellations allowed)
• If the weather is bad due to extreme and unsafe conditions we will call you to cancel or move your reservation. Cancellations made by our staff due to weather will receive a full refund for Jet Ski & Boat Rentals.
• As a rental company, last minute cancellations are very costly. Our Cancellation policy is simple and strict, but fair.
We DO NOT give Refunds. Once you leave our dock with a boat rental your rental has started, if you decided for whatever reason you will not continue with boat rental, please note once again there is NO REFUNDS. For more information call our office.
Q: What’s included with the rentals?
• You get full use of the vessel you have rented.
• All safety equipment, including life jackets, safety instructions and map of local water ways is included with the cost of the rental.
Boat Rental FUEL
• Boats are provided to you with a full tank of gas. Fuel is not included in the rental rate. Each watercraft will depart with a full tank and you will only be charged for fuel used. Customer is responsible for fuel used when returning Boat Rental at end of day.
Multi-day boat rentals 3 days or more, that do not dock at our marina will be responsible for gas on their own. For boat rentals that are docked at our marina, we will gas up boats when returned to marina daily.
•All Multi-day boat rentals that are delivered to you by our staff, have a full tank before leaving our marina. Please note gas amount used starts as soon as we head out of our marina for delivery to your location. When we pickup boat rental from your location, boat rental should be ready and filled up with gas. If you are not able too fill up, it's ok we can gas it up for you and then contact you with final gas amount for payment.
• All Jet Ski rentals include fuel, and life jackets and safety instructions. Only Jet Ski Tours include snorkel gear.
Q: What if I have no boating experience?
• Our experienced crew will guide you through a boating orientation, map of local water ways. But we do recommend some experience in boating for safety purpose. Please check below Florida Boating laws for age requirements, if you have to take the boating test based on state boating laws, we offer it on site when you arrive or if you would like to complete test before visiting Florida, please go to this site https://www.boat-ed.com/floridarental/ which is provided by Florida Fish & Wildlife (FWC) and is the only approved website for this temporary boat safety test. This test is good for one year in the state of Florida.
Q: How old do I have to be to rent watercraft?
• Anyone born on or after January 1, 1988 who operates a vessel powered by 10 horsepower or more must pass an approved boater safety course and have in his/her possession a photo ID and a boating safety education identification card issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife (FWC). For information on obtaining a boater’s safety card, we offer it on site when you arrive or if you would like to complete test before visiting Florida, please go to this site https://www.boat-ed.com/floridarental/ which is provided by Florida Fish & Wildlife (FWC) and is the only approved website for this temporary boat safety test. This test is good for one year in the state of Florida.
• Renter must have a valid driver's license or photo ID and be at least 18 years old to rent Waverunners and Jet Ski's.
Note: Parental approval for under 18 years old and supervision by parent.
• Renter must sign a legal and binding contract and abide by all terms of said agreement thus must be at least 21 years old.
Q: What do I do when it's time to come in?
• Waverunners are guided into our marina with prior instructions and landed safely on our landing pad. Boats are to wait out on the red buoys as previously instructed and one of our staff members will come out to meet you and guide the boat safely into the marina. We take all the worries out of our renters by parking the boat ourselves. We will top off the boat with fuel and charge you for the fuel used. There, one of our crew will finalize the checkout paperwork. All coolers and maps need to be returned if not there will be a fee applied.
Q: How many people do the boats hold?
• Our boats can accommodate anywhere from 1 to 12 passengers, depending on the boat as well the weight of the passengers. Please call for specific details or if you have questions.
Q: What if I want to hire someone to drive the boats for us?
• If you hire someone to drive the boat, they must have a valid and current Captain’s license.
Q: Do we trailer the boats down to the launch ramp?
• No, that's one of the best parts, all watercraft will be in the water ready to go when you arrive!
Q: How do I know where to go?
• We run you through an orientation of the watercraft as well as the local waters and show you where to go on the waterway maps we provide. We can show you all the local highlights, restaurants, and even local fishing spots. But boating experience is recommend makes your rental much better.
Q: Can we keep the boats overnight?
• Rentals that are for multiple days can be docked at private homes or marinas given they have a dock and appropriate water depth. All daily boat rentals cannot be taken for nightly runs or overnight stays. For more information please contact our office.
Q: Will I need to refuel the boats during the day?
• Not on a 4-hour rental and it’s very rare on an 8-hour rental. However, this depends on how far the boat is taken and how hard the motor is run. Only on multiple day rentals can you put fuel on your own. All daily rentals have to refuel at our location.
Q: Where is a good place to anchor?
• Our crew will review the local waterways and highlights with you upon your arrival. A map will be provided to you, to have while on your boat rental.
Q: Are dogs allowed on boats?
• Give us a call and we’ll discuss the options available for pets.
A1A Watersports & Boat Rentals
CALL US NOW TO RESERVE !
Copyright © 2004-2021 A1A WaterSports & Boat Rentals LLC , All rights reserved